- A high-resolution Nikon DX-format CMOS image sensor with an effective pixel count of 16.2-million pixels, an image-processing engine that provides superior image quality and rich expression of tones, and the new High Dynamic Range (HDR) function.
- 3-in., approximately 921k-dot vari-angle monitor with wide viewing angle and increased visibility
- D-Movie for recording and editing of Full-HD movies
- The first Nikon digital-SLR camera to offer Special Effects mode
- High-speed continuous shooting at up to approximately 4 fps*,and a very precise and durable shutter unit that has passed testing for 100,000 cycles.
- Equipped with Quiet shutter-release mode for shooting in situations in which quieter shutter operation is desired.Infrared receivers for remote control operation on the front and back of the camera enable wireless control over the shutter from both in front of and behind the camera (optional ML-L3 wireless remote control supported).
- Equipped with 16 scene modes that enable the simple capture of beautiful photos of the desired scene with automatic optimization of camera settings.
- Built-in HDMI-CEC compatibility enables control over playback of still images and movies using the television's remote control when the camera is connected to a high-definition TV via the HDMI connector.
Single-lens reflex digital camera
Nikon F mount (with AF contacts)
23.6 X 15.6 mm CMOS sensor
Image size (pixels)
4,928 X 3,264 (L)
3,696 X 2,448 (M)
2,464 X 1,632 (S)
SD (Secure Digital) memory cards *1
SDXC memory cards
Frame advance rate
Up to 4 fps *2